The Gulf Shores City Schools community, comprising The Board of Education, administrators, teachers, school staff, parents, students and community members, has high expectations and standards for all students. The GSCS community challenges and inspires its students to become creative and critical thinkers who make ethical choices, to work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems, to become life-long learners and responsible citizens in a democratic society, and to be prepared for the demands of a highly technological and global community. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are committed to maintaining the flexibility necessary to anticipate and respond to a changing world.
We believe in:
1. Promoting rigorous, comprehensive, and relevant curriculum that prepares students to become productive citizens and lifelong learners.
2. Developing self-reliance by incorporating the student’s physical, mental, emotional and social well-being into the teaching/learning environment.
3. Fostering inclusive, engaging members of society, and encouraging critical and creative thinking.
4. Recruiting and emboldening the best and the brightest faculty and staff and rewarding innovation and collaboration.
5. Instilling a sense of pride in our schools by engaging the Gulf Shores community in the educational experience.