Elevate the Plate:
- Work with local farmers to provide students access to fresh produce
We purchased vegetables such as potatoes, corn, squash, and microgreens from multiple local farmers.
We also used lettuce grown in the high school greenhouse in our cafeterias.
- Encourage water consumption. Cups and water provided by cafeteria for students who do not bring water or purchase bottled water.
- Determine snack options to include healthier options. Schools adopted the Smart Snacks Product Calculator to guide them as they created their snack list.
- Dedicated harvest of the month created monthly.
- Muffin Taste Test - Zucchini and Pumpkin