Gulf Shores Virtual Education
...Harnessing the power of technology and teacher creativity to offer a personalized, flexible learning experience...
Gulf Shores Virtual Education Program is designed to provide motivated, independent learners an opportunity to earn their Alabama High School Diploma through a flexible, personalized learning experience.
Virtual education offers students numerous benefits in terms of time, flexibility, and program customization. Along with these advantages, students also assume increased responsibility in time management, organization, self-direction, and self-regulation.
- Instruction from Alabama-certified teachers
- Accredited diploma upon satisfying all requirements for graduation, and the opportunity to participate in Gulf Shores High School graduation ceremony
- Flexible and personalized learning experiences
- Individualized academic and career preparation plan
- Self-pacing and opportunity for acceleration
- Opportunity for early graduation
- Flexibility with daily schedule
- Opportunity to blend virtual learning with face-to-face core and elective courses and tuition free dual enrollment classes
- Opportunity to take classes for advancement during the summer
- Opportunity to participate in sports, clubs, field trips, assemblies, and pep rallies
- Access to support services provided by school nurses, counselors, and the school lunch program