JOB TITLE: Gulf Shores City Schools Athletic Director
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
- A Valid Alabama Teaching Certificate in Administration is preferred
- Five (5) years of successful coaching experience or athletics administration is preferred.
- Must have skills in supervising and evaluating appropriate staff.
1. Directs participants in all athletic extra-curricular activities and provides leadership for the school’s athletic coaches and staff.
2. Works with the administration to continue to innovate and develop a strategic vision for athletics at Gulf Shores City Schools.
3. Directs the certification of all participants in all extra-curricular activities governed by the Alabama High School Athletic Association following the guidelines of the Alabama State Department of Education and the Gulf Shores City School System.
4. Support coordination between Gulf Shores City Schools and City of Gulf Shores youth sports leagues and programs to support and expand the youth and adult sports programs so that residents and students can benefit from year-round athletic opportunities.
5. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders of the City of Gulf Shores, Gulf Shores City School System, and community members.
6. Prepares and distributes schedules, agendas, and itineraries to the athletic coaches and staff.
7. Monitors the collection of monies, payroll expenditures (supplements), transportation, and officials relative to all athletic events.
8. Works with principals in supervising all ticket sales and fundraising events of the athletic programs and assume responsibility for proper handling of funds.
9. Manage and oversee the athletics budget accounts and adhere to financial policies of Gulf Shores City Schools in regards to purchase orders, collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
10. Ensures that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
11. Plan and supervise an annual recognition program for school athletics.
12. Direct an in-school, extracurricular program designed to foster support for the athletic teams and school spirit among non-participants.
13. Maintains Strong Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
14. Models good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct at all times.
15. Responsible to carry out all other duties assigned by the school principal(s) and/or superintendent.
Salary/Term: 12 Month Contract, Salary is Negotiable. Additional teaching and administrative assignments may be required.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest and resume to Marcelinia Sumerlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021 or until filled.
The Gulf Shores City School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment or education programs on the basis of race, sex, creed, age, disability or national origin.