Gulf Shores City Schools are proud that you have selected our school system for your child's education. Parents/guardians must present themselves IN PERSON to complete enrollment with ORIGINAL documentation. Please DO NOT mail enrollment and/or registration information as they will not be accepted. Below you will find information for enrollment and registration.
- Student Enrollment in Gulf Shores City Schools
- Non-Resident Application
- Registration in Gulf Shores City Schools
- Virtual Academy Enrollment Form
- What's My School Zone?
Documents Required To Enroll in Gulf Shores City Schools
For students who are new to Gulf Shores City Schools:
- Online Registration at www.gsboe.org
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Alabama Certificate of Immunization (Original)
- Report card, Transcript, and Current transfer grades with date last attended.
Three Proofs of Residency Acceptable forms include:
(1) Current: valid lease, mortgage statement, deed, settlement statement, or property tax notice.
(2) Current: utility bill
(3) Current: utility bill, correspondence from a government agency such as a current social security statement, SNAP, Federal income tax return with address, Medicare/Medicaid, etc., or pay stub with address. (Cell phone bills and driver licenses are not accepted as proof of residency.)
If the student does not live with both parents, legal documents stating physical custody must be provided (Guardianship documentation, Divorce Decree, Legal Guardianship, etc).
Withdrawal papers from previous school, including report card and transcripts. We will accept an unofficial transcript for scheduling purposes only.
If students do not live within the Gulf Shores City Schools district, please contact the Central Office at 251-968-9873 for more information.
GULF SHORES HIGH SCHOOL
600 East 15th Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Phone: 251.968.4747 Fax: 251.968.4770
GULF SHORES MIDDLE SCHOOL
450 East 15th Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Phone: 251.968.8719 Fax: 251.967.1577
GULF SHORES ELEMENTARY
1600 East 3rd St, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Phone: 251.968.7375 Fax: 251.968.7217
Children who turn four years old by Sept. 2 of the attendance year are eligible to enroll in Pre-K in the Title I elementary school. Pre-K is available in Title I schools only, and classes are limited. The Pre-K application period is during the month of February prior to the attendance year. To register your child for Pre-K you must have your child’s Certified Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and two proofs of residence with the physical address of your residence (not a post office box).
Pre-K (OSR) The Office of School Readiness
First Class: Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K is part of the Office of School Readiness within the Alabama Department and is charged with administering Alabama’s state funded Pre-K program. OSR funds First Class Pre-K classrooms through a competitive grant process and administers the program in a variety of settings that include:
· Public schools
· Private childcare and schools
· Head Start programs
· Community-based programs
· Faith-based programs
· Military programs
OSR was created in the 2000 legislative session. In the first year of operation, OSR funded eight pilot Pre-Kindergarten programs. Currently, OSR funds over 1,000 Pre-K classrooms and supports the professional development of a high quality workforce through education, training, and on-site coaching.
High Quality Pre-K Alabama’s state funded First Class Pre-K program, has been awarded the highest quality rating by the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) for the past twelve years. OSR is dedicated to working with Pre-K programs to ensure that Alabama’s 4-year-olds have access to high quality childhood learning experiences that prepare Alabama children for school success and readiness.
Research shows that children benefit the most from high quality early learning experiences. OSR works with classrooms to promote those high quality experiences in Alabama.
The Gulf Shores Board of Education has an approved policy for admitting students who are not Gulf Shores residents. The policy requires a tuition payment of $1,500 for the first child ($1,000 for each additional child), as well as academic, behavior, and attendance eligibility requirements. Additionally, admission is based on space (capacity). For more information, please visit the Policies Section under the Board Of Education tab.Tuition must be paid in full prior to August 2, 2019. Full-time employees of the Gulf Shores City School System with non-resident students are subject to the Non-Resident Policy, but are eligible for a tuition waiver. Also, any student who is a sibling of a current 9-11 grader and wishes to attend a Gulf Shores City School is subject to the Non-Resident Policy. The first round of the non-resident student application process opens April 1 and closes April 30. Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Notice regarding admission status will be mailed/emailed to the student’s home address. If capacity is available, there could be additional rounds of applications accepted. First round applications will receive priority.
Click here for information on Non-Resident Procedures
Please complete the following steps in order to submit your Non-Resident Application
An application will need to be completed for each child if you have more than one that will be in the Gulf Shores City School System.
Step 1 - Go to your child's school and get a copy of:
(1) Current School Transcript
(2) Current School Discipline Report
Step 2 - Click on eSchool Pay for $100 Deposit (Select Gulf Shores Middle School to make your payment for the district)
Step 3 - Upload the following documents to your computer and attach where requested on the Non-Resident Application Form (THIS IS REQUIRED):
(1) Proof of Residency (Current and valid lease, deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement or current property tax notice, a current utility bill in your name (cell phone bill not accepted), current correspondence from government agency such as current social security statement, SNAP, Federal Income Tax Return with address, Medicare/Medicaid, etc. or current pay stub with address.)
(2) Current School Transcript
(3) Current School Discipline Report
(4) eSchool Pay Deposit Receipt
Step 4 - Complete Non-Resident Application Form (ONLINE FORM)
Non-Resident Application Form (PDF COPY)
Application and deposit must be submitted before student will be considered for acceptance.