The mission of the Gulf Shores City Schools Board of Education Transportation Department is to ensure that the most precious cargo, OUR CHILDREN, are transported to and from school and school activities in the safest, most efficient manner each day. Our drivers are required to attend safety meetings each year, as well as they are required to pass a DOT physical examination and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. The school bus is the safest vehicle on the road-your child is up to 70 times safer taking a bus to and from school than traveling by car according to NHTSA bus safety facts.
For more information contact:
Student Engagement, Safety, and Transportation Coordinator
In order for our students to have the safest ride possible, the drivers diligently work making sure that the students arrive at their destination safely. The students are expected to behave in an appropriate manner on the bus without distracting the driver. The parents and/or guardians should have the students at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time for the bus to arrive. We strive to provide the best communication with our parents and community regarding specific bus information such as location of stops, bus numbers and pick up/delivery times. Our community must help by being patient at bus stops and obeying all flashing lights and working with their children on adhering to bus rules and behavior polices.
Large school buses provide protection because of their size, weight, light systems, cross-view mirrors, crossing arm, protective seating and high crush standards. They must meet minimum Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS) mandating compartmentalized seating, improved emergency exits, stronger roof structures and fuel systems, and better bus body joint strength. School buses are the most regulated vehicles on the road. They are designed to be safer than passenger vehicles in preventing crashes and injuries. NHTSA believes school buses should be as safe as possible. That is why our safety standards for school buses are above and beyond those of regular buses.
At Gulf Shores City Schools, your child will have the opportunity for transportation to/from school on the district buses. In order to ensure we have accurate information on your child/children that will be riding the Gulf Shores City Schools Buses we are asking that you complete the form below. You will need to complete a separate form on each child that will be riding the bus.
Please click on the following link to complete the bus transportation form:
**Complete if you are NEW to Gulf Shores City Schools or if you have a Change of Address
Returning students with same prior address do not have to complete
***Online GSCS Transportation Request is now Open - ALL students riding a school bus to Gulf Shores City Schools for the 2023-2024 school year will need to complete the student bus transportation form.***
Please remind your child/children to look for our Gulf Shores City Buses.
- Bus Discipline Form For Students
- Bus Drivers
- Bus Manifest Form
- Bus Routes
- Bus Rules and Regulations
- Bus Schedule
- Bus Student Safe Rules
- Bus Travel Tracker and App
Application For Gulf Shores City Schools
The bus pick times are dependent on traffic flow and red lights. Parents please have students at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Thank you so much!
- Bus # 07-02 Kaia Williams-Helms (Whale)
- Bus # 08-01 Sara Shaw (Stingray)
- Bus #09-01 Brandon Stephens (Jellyfish)
- Bus # 14-01 Renee Feinstein (Crab)
- Bus # 15-01 Teresa Brewer (Clown Fish)
- Bus # 15-02 Brandi Owens (Mermaid)
- Bus # 16-01 Austin Boyd (Seashell)
- Bus # 17-01 Karla Rakocy (Surfboard)
- Bus # 18-01 Valerie Caldwell (Starfish)
- Bus # 19-01 Clint Wigley (Sandcastle)
- Bus # 20-01 Wil Tuggle (Shark)
- Bus # 20-02 Brian Parrish (Sand Dollar)
- Bus # 21-01 Jason Thompson (Dolphin)
- Bus # 22-01 Steve Henry (Sea Turtle)
- Bus # 22-02 Machele Martin (Sailboat)
- Bus # 22-03 Paula McGrady (Seahorse)
- Bus # 23-01 Chris Motes (Pelican)
Here you will find information on bus routes for the school year. Please remember that during the first few weeks of school, changes may continue to be made to the routes as necessary. Please check them often during this time.
**Please note that these are estimates of pick-up and drop-off times. Traffic, weather, and other factors could cause a slight delay in the posted times.
We recommend that you have your child at the bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to the posted pickup time. Your bus should arrive at the stop within 5 minutes of the posted time.
Student safety and discipline on a school bus is everybody’s business. Bus drivers must maintain good discipline and set reasonable expectations for proper conduct on the bus. Before the first day of school and each day as necessary, all parents/guardians should explain to their students the following guidelines.
1. Students will be picked-up and dropped-off at their residence or designated bus stop only.
2. Be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the designated time.
3. Once students arrive at the stop, they are expected to act in an appropriate manner.
4. Obey instructions given by the bus driver.
5. Be courteous to fellow student and the bus driver. (Do not annoy other students)
6. No eating, gum, candy, or drinking on the bus (drinking water is the only exception)
7. Horseplay, Threats and Fighting are not permitted on or around the bus or at the bus stops.
8. Remain properly seated, do not change seats, and keep head and hands inside the bus.
9. Talk only in a normal voice (no yelling) and do not use profane or obscene language.
10. Remain silent when approaching and crossing railroads.
11. Vapes, e-cigarettes or any tobacco products are not allowed on bus.
12. Weapons are not allowed on the bus.
13. Do not damage or vandalize the bus; you will be billed for any damage to the school bus.
14. Do not tamper with any of the equipment on the bus, especially the emergency door.
15. Do not litter on the bus. Do not throw objects inside or outside the bus
16. Do not leave the bus except at your regular stop or directed by a school official in an emergency situation.
17. Do not bring glass or possible dangerous items on the bus.
18. Books, packages, coats, band instruments, cell phones, and other items should not be left on the bus, in the aisles or in the driver compartment. Also, these items must be held in the child’s lap and not occupy the seat of another child
19. Students are not allowed to transport prescription or non-prescription medications on the bus and must meet all GSCS BOE policies that deal with any and all medicine.
20. Using mirrors, lasers, flash cameras, or any other light or reflective devices in a manner that might interfere with the driver’s operation of the bus is prohibited.
GSCS and Travel Tracker have teamed together along with the BusQuest app to track your child to and from school if they are presently riding the school bus. Registration to the Parent Portal will connect you to your child(ren) to have the ability to track the bus your child is riding. If you are requesting bus transportation for your child to and from school, you will need to complete the form on the transportation district website or go to your child's school to complete the paperwork. This cannot be completed on the app - it is a bus tracker!
Gulf Shores City Schools and Travel Tracker have exciting news for parents of our students riding the GSCS bus transportation system. You now have an easy-access way to track school bus service for your child(ren) at Gulf Shores City Schools! We are happy to introduce our new parent transportation portal, Travel Tracker. This portal, along with the BusQuest app will give you the option to track the bus your child(ren) rides morning and afternoon.
The link from Travel Tracker is specifically connected only to your child(ren). If you do not have one, please contact your child's school and one will be sent. This link is for registration to track only your child(ren) daily to and from school.
You will need to create your parent account in Travel Tracker that will connect you to your child(ren). After creating your account, you will need to download the BusQuest App from your AppStore.
Please click on the following link for the Transportation Travel Tracker Registration Parent Portal Guide:
Bus Transportation Tracker/ApP Guide
If you need any assistance connecting to the parent portal or the BusQuest app, please do not hesitate to contact your child's school.